We have had a busy week! Well, Sadie and I have. We like to do crafts during the day while Taylor is at school. This keeps Sadie occupied during the day before she goes to school. Wyatt isn't really into it. Usually he will just cut paper or color. As I had posted previously, I went through a lot of our old clothes and cut them into fabric pieces we could play with. We put some of the pieces into good use by making fabric letters. We made A-E and still have F through Z to do. This is a neat idea to help children have fun with spelling out words. Sadie had fun with this! We also had a little fun painting glue on newspaper and balloons.. The mess was worth it! Sadie also tried her hand at a little sewing project. We had some felt paper which we poked holes into to form the shape of a butterfly. She then weaved yarn in and out through the holes with a round tipped needle. I have strictly limited the kids t.v. time, so crafts come in handy! They are allowed to watch one show in the mornings, one show when they get home and then a movie the last hour before bed. By doing this, I have greatly reduced the fighting between them. Now, they must rely on one another more to play instead of being glued to the t.v. Here are some pictures of us using our imaginations!






No comments:
Post a Comment