I love crafts. I love making my own and I love working with our children on theirs. I've seen some crafts that we can do with fabric. We can use new fabric bought from the store and we can use fabric from old clothing that we do not wear anymore. Let that be a reminder that everything can be reused instead of just tossed away! I've seen little fabric books we can make, Taylor and Sadie can sew little dresses for their dolls(well, more like I can sew dresses for their dolls) and fabric letters and numbers to practice reading and counting. Taylor and Sadie are very good counting to 20 and 30, but after that they will start to skip numbers. One second they will be saying the number 45 and the next they are saying 81. I'm constantly trying to teach them to remember all the numbers in between. So, when I had some spare time today, I picked through their old clothes and began cutting them down the seams to separate and make usable fabric. I even was able to obtain a few cute buttons from shirts and pants that can also be used. I had chicken boiling at the same time to prepare for chicken and rice, so this was the perfect thing to keep me occupied. I'm planning on having fun with all of this with them over the weekend, so pictures of their work will have to be shared!


No comments:
Post a Comment